Friday 29 April 2011

Twitter



Setting up my Twitter account was easy and I had a quick scout around it, on a personal level I don't think it is something I will get into on a regular basis. I added a couple of names to follow, Charlie Sheen seems to be the man of the moment, and William Shatner (because I'm a closet Trekkie!!).

You can click on my link on the right of the page. My account is private for the moment so you will have to be confirmed as a follower before you can access my account and check out my Twitterings!!!
There are lots of free 'follow me' buttons to choose from, just add a new HTML page element to your blog - copy and paste the code and away you go. I tried to use this cute image, but it was too big and I couldn't find the code for it to make it smaller.

Again, I think the potential  is here to do good things for the library; some libraries take the queries from Twitter and Facebook and add them to a reference page on their Wikis, this then enables all users to find quick accurate solutions to their questions. 'Banking' queries in this way gives all staff, especially evening staff that may not have access to staff email another avenue to locate new or changed library information.

I also found an updated list of Libraries that use Twitter that may be of interest, unfortunately they are all American, but at least they will give us some ideas on how we might utilise this application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.