Thursday 28 April 2011

Week 5 in the BBL

Wow! Week 5 and Social Networking already.


So, on to Facebook and Twitter.

I have a Facebook account already, I keep it strictly to family only. I am absolutely sure that I do not use Facebook to its full potential and for now that's the way I like it! I find the instant messaging very handy, but you can IM in gmail and other applications as well. We mainly share family photos, videos and events through Facebook, uploading and sharing is uncomplicated and you can download, save and print the pics you like. I find the ads extremely irritating but there seems to be no way to eliminate them from a personal account, I know you can hide ads that you don't like, but then you go into a whole new realm of Facebook trying to find out why you don't like the ad, so it is easier just to ignore them!!

Facebook is very touchy about obviously false names so it took a while to find an abbreviation of the Anonymous Librarian that it would accept, so please welcome Ann Lib to the world of Facebook!

I like the Glucksman Library (UL) Facebook, and their Twitter, their posts are concise, with regular updates giving clear information.

Personally I think Facebook would be a great way to market the library, to highlight the services we offer, and to advertise up and coming events and exhibitions, the key is to get the balance right between what we want to say and how we say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.