Monday 31 October 2011

Monday musings...

I hadn't planned on publishing anymore posts, but as I was watching the film the boat that rocked on TV last night it certainly brought back memories of when I was a 10/11 year old surreptitiously listening to Radio Caroline and Radio Luxembourg very late at night in my bedroom, I could only get a really clear reception late at  night and as my Mum didn't allow me to listen to the radio after 9pm I used to hide my little transistor under my pillow whenever I would hear anybody coming up the stairs, That's when I learned to love rock music, listening to the radio in the dead of night turned down real low (no earphones in them days!) ariel fully extended and pointed every which way to get the best reception, and of course sneaking into my brothers bedroom and listening to their albums when they weren't around!! The first 45 I bought with my birthday/christmas money was I'm a believer by the Monkees, I was probably about eight or nine at the time, a couple of years on the very first album I bought with my with my own hard earned cash was billion dollar babies by Alice Cooper, see  how I had progressed! I think my Mum actually left the room when she first heard Alice Cooper, reading over the lyrics of some of the songs I'm surprised she didn't smash the thing!!!and when I begged pleaded and cried to go to his concert, she stood her ground and absolutely refused to let me go, as it was he was banned anyway!! We had a fantastic album and single collection between my two older brothers and me, but when one of my brothers started smoking he sold them all  for cigarettes!!! but I still have that first single (somewhere) and the first album (currently on top of my wardrobe) that I bought, but unfortunately I no longer have a turntable to play them on... well, at the moment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.