Thursday 8 September 2011

Beam me up Scotty...

It all began 45 years ago today and we have a lot to thank it for... mobile phones ...the iPad...and what about the Medical Tricorder...even NASA thanked them for their inspiration in a tweet today!

That's right Star Trek: The Original Series (TOS) is celebrating its 45th Anniversary today!!





The original show only ran for three seasons, and I loved it...from the shaky sets, to the obviously fake rocks, to the even more obviously fake aliens, to the theme tune...ah the memories, but I can't really call myself a Trekkie/Trekker. I don't remember every episode, I don't go to conventions dressed up as my favourite character (as far as you know) and I can't recite dialogue word for word and I definitely don't know a word of Klingon!!


All I know is that it inspired in a me a love of Science Fiction TV which has stayed with me all these years...I've watched all the Star Trek incarnations, I even enjoyed Voyager and Enterprise, I was never sure about the theme song though (sung by Russell Watson!!). I've seen all the movies...and avidly look forward to the next one!

Of all the Captains, which is my favourite one? Well, that would be telling wouldn't it?
LLAP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.