Tuesday 19 July 2011

Floating bookshop

Last week Pitseleh showed us a secret bookshop in Manhattan, definitely the first place I will visit if I ever get to New York (big sigh!). I came across this article in last weeks Guardian about a floating bookshop navigating Britians' canals, what a brilliant idea, can you imagine just sailing along the canals in the Book Barge, stopping here and there to sell or swap books! With the growing demise of not only the independent bookshop, booksellers are coming up with increasingly imaginative enterprises to keep the book alive and well!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love a go on this. And we have perfectly servicable canals in Dublin that are currently trolley dumping grounds. I smell a franchise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading to England in a couple of weeks, but unfortunately the Book Barge won't be anywhere near where I'm going, such a pity! I wuold have loved to drop in and have a browse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message.