Tuesday 19 April 2011

Week 4 in the BBL

Well! here we are week 4 already, and on to Things 8 and 9 - Wikis. I've read a bit about Wikis and how to use them, it looks a bit more intense than setting up the blog, look at Wikipedia for example! I've registered as a member of the 23ThingsSPD Wiki which was pretty easy, and I've created a new page with some text and a couple of links to other library training Wikis. It's great that you can preview the page before you save it and that you can go back and edit the page once it is saved. I only had a quick look around but I couldn't find a spell check??? I think there is a lot we could do with this...but I will have to play around with it a bit more...
I'm loving the Common Craft videos, they are simple, clear and to the point - just what you need when all this is so new to you.

1 comment:

  1. Wikispaces does not have a spellchek facility but if you use firefox as your web browser you can try this tip out.
    http://www.wikispaces.com/wikitips

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message.